Sunday, November 18, 2007

Freo Day Out 2

This was my second time to Fremantle in a month time. This time, I was there with a smaller group of friends. Less people, less demands, less complaints and thus more time to explore. I spent the whole afternoon there to explore almost all the places of interest. I had a great time photographing as the sky was sunny with cool breeze from the sea. The old buildings and structures are all still standing strong and looking magnificent against the stunning backdrop of blue skies and ocean.




















Later in the evening, Ariel invited us over to her house to try out the piano. I was very excited the first time I saw the piano. It is an antique piano in mint condition. A closer inspection revealed that this piano is actually a mechanical piano which can play by its own by loading up paper scrolls with punched holes and pedaling the motor with the feet. Long before the invention of electric piano, this gem already existed. The engineering of this is a marvel. This was also the first time I've seen such a piano.

No comments: