Sunday, January 30, 2011

Mini Travel Log: Christchurch, New Zealand (2)

4 months since the massive earthquake that struck Christchurch, aftershocks continue to shake this region almost daily. In my 2 days here, I had already experienced 2 aftershocks powerful enough for the building to sway. Devastation from the earthquake is still visible in some parts of the city after so many months away. There are some parts in the city being cordoned off with rows of buildings still in ruins.

With nothing much left to see in the city, I took a trip down south to the mountains. Unfortunately, weather was not on my side this time. It was cloudy for most of the day. Nevertheless, I had a fun time with the speedboat that does insane speed down the beautiful blue mountain rivers. The trip ended with a 4WD around the farms and hills.

Click on the image for picture gallery

Related link: Christchurch, New Zealand (1)

No comments: