Sunday, December 20, 2009

Mini Travel Log: Maldives

Maldives is a group of small tropical islands in the Indian Ocean. Faced with the threat of global warming, this country is forecasted to be under the water in the near future. Five years ago, this island was devastated by tsunami generated from an earthquake. It showed how vulnerable it is against threats of mother nature. I was very lucky to have the chance to visit this beautiful island. The beach is sandy white and the blue sea is so clear. Every island is surrounded by lagoons of rich coral and fish species. I had my first snorkeling experience here and was stunned by the out-of-this-world underwater sights. I even came close to sharks; which I was lucky not to be eaten. I hope every one can do a part in fighting global warming and preserve the beautiful mother nature for our future generation. There isn't many places left in this world with such beautiful sights.

Click on the image for picture gallery

No comments: