Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Mini Travel Log: Seoul, South Korea

The modern Seoul city is built on the old city itself. Therefore there are many historic sites like palaces, ancient gates and walls. However if you plan to visit the city right now, you'll be in for a huge disappointment. Many, if not almost all of these places are closed from the public for restoration work. I was all so eager to visit these places. But when I got to the place, it is nowhere to be found. Strange! A quick check on the map confirmed it is the right place. On closer look, I found most of it were hidden behind huge temporary shelter and some even behind fake background posters. No wonder all the tourist buses were idling without any tourists. Because there isn't anything left to sight-see. I was so sad to leave Seoul without having to see anything. Maybe just not my day. Next time then.

Click on the image for picture gallery

No comments: