Friday, January 29, 2010

Mini Travel Log: Auckland, New Zealand (2)

My 3rd time to the land of Kiwis and 2nd time to Auckland. I'd love to apply for an NZ citizenship if possible, hehe. This time around, I visited places away from the city; which I was not able to do last month due to closures on Christmas Day. Rather than sightseeing, I think it was more of an exercise trip for me. Climbing the volcanic hill of Mt. Eden was not easy. I was already panting and sweating by the time I reached the top. And there, I still have another hill to conquer which was One Tree Hill later in the day. It was a rewarding trip. But the UV rays from the sun were too strong. My SPF 50 sunscreen was not able to save me and I was roasted. Say hello to an African boy.

Click on the image for picture gallery

Related link: Mini Travel Log: Auckland, New Zealand (1)

1 comment:

David Morris said...

Great pic of One TYree Hill. Did you know it was "the" One Tree Hill that U2 sang about in their track of the same name?

You are right about the SP50. The NZ sun is nmuch more vicious than anywhere else on the globe, I suspect. It's because the air here is so clear. We have day after day when the burn time is around 10-15 minutes. Slip, slop, slap, wrap . . . that's the mantra. Slip on a shirt, slop on sunscreen, slap on a hat, wrap on some shades (sunglasses).

As they used to say on Hill Street Blues - "Take care out there".

David Morris
A New Zealand Travel Guide.
http://New-Zealand-Travel-Guide.com