Friday, December 31, 2010

Mini Travel Log: Frankfurt, Germany

I never liked spending christmas in a Western country. And this is the 2nd time in a row I'm doing it. The reason is christmas is a family reunion day for them, so the whole city will be shut down while everyone is at home cosying up by the fireplace. I had a hard time finding food and stores to stock up on basic necessities. As Europe was lashed with snowstorm just before I arrived, it was very cold and was still snowing. At night, temperature dipped to as low as -22 deg celcius. Walking in the deserted snowy city provokes an eerie feeling, as if a bunch of zombies will suddenly lurch out from the alleys to feast on you. As all stores were closed, I chose an unconventional route instead in my sightseeing walk. To my surprise, I came across a T-rex let loose in the park. Following its path, I was led into a museum which surprisingly was open. And boy, inside it was full of interesting stuffs to see. If you have watched the movie "Night At The Museum", then this is the better version of it.

Click on the image for picture gallery

As a last post for the year of 2010, I would like to wish all readers a Happy New Year!

No comments: