Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Mini Travel Log: Munich, Germany

Munich is a very old city dating back to as early as year 1158. With a legacy of over 800 years old, this city is full of histories as with its' many well preserved medieval buildings. Parts of the city were destroyed by world war bombings but Munich rose from the ashes and was rebuilt to its former glory. I was really intrigued by the wonderful architectures here. The city is so clean and I was virtually breathing fresh air from the Alps. I arrived on the weekend and boy this city is alive with carnivals and concerts. I enjoyed open air classical orchestra right up to the latest pop music from so many different venues. I was in for a surprise initially when I came across a colorful carnival and parade at Marienplatz. I thought it was cool to see so many people dressing up in fancy clothes. Hey, so they do have cosplay here too like the ones in Harajuku Japan. To my horror, I found out I'm right smack in the middle of a Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras. Holy cow, on closer inspection, I realized all those dressed up ladies were actually men! And so the parade started with the gay version of PopeMobile leading the charade; throwing out condoms and gay clubs leaflets. Oh gawd my eyes!!! Ughhh!!!

Click on the image for picture gallery

No comments: