Friday, March 05, 2010

Mini Travel Log: Sydney, Australia

Many crews love to call this place "Shitney"; because of the lousy operating hours; which I presume they couldn't find time for their "LV" shoppings and couldn't get enough of their beauty sleep. I beg to differ. This fine city is one of the best city in Australia that I've visited. There are just too many world class landmarks like the Opera House, Harbor Bridge and old English buildings. Also too many fantastic attraction sites like Bondi Beach and scenic lookout points which I really couldn't visit them all during my short stay. I rate this city as a "must visit" for any tourists who love a world class metropolis with a blend of world class architectures and landmarks; surrounded by beautiful natural scenery and attraction sites. Not forgetting the fashions, shoppings and cultural events. I myself couldn't wait to have another chance to visit this city again. Perhaps the only thing which I can relate Sydney to "Shitney" is the weather. Any cold fronts or depression blown from the Antarctica will bring endless rains for days. I was very unfortunate to arrive right smack in the gloomy and wet weather. I've wasted one day in the hotel due to the rains. And because of that I've missed out the largest nude parade at the Opera House which the news claimed the highest form of art and show of humanity. Whether art or just sleazy, I was quite disappointed to have missed it as events like this don't really happen everyday, more so back in the Asian countries.

Click on the image for picture gallery

Anyway, here's the link to the nude parade for those who are "curious". Warning: PG content.

No comments: