Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Mini Travel Log: Munich, Germany (3)

I arrived a little too late into Munich to see the golden autumn as it was into the last week before the start of winter. Nevertheless, I was still able to catch some beautiful sights in the English Garden. I'd really recommend this park if you plan to see some amazing sights during autumn.

Click on the image for picture gallery

However the same cannot be said for excursions out from Munich. As the winter starts, many tour operators will not operate out from the city. Only a few popular tours are offered like tours to Linderhof, Oberammergau and Neuschwanstein. I joined this tour with my wife but left a little disappointed because I couldn't see the full grandeur of the Linderhof Castle due to many parts being covered up in preparation for the snowfall. Even the Neuschwanstein Castle was undergoing exterior restoration works as they do not expect many tourists during this period. So any nice pictures of this castle is out of the question. Nevertheless, my wife and I had a romantic time doing this excursion, enjoying the tranquility of the countryside; especially around Swan Lake and the quiet town of Oberammergau.

Click on the image for picture gallery

Related link: Mini Travel Log: Munich, Germany (2)
Related link: Mini Travel Log: Munich, Germany (1)
Related link: Mini Travel Log: Neuschwanstein Castle, Germany

No comments: