Monday, April 03, 2006

LCD monitor, the way of future?

I just got myself a new LCD monitor to replace my old CRT monitor. Actually I have no reason to change, but my brother has been nagging me for a new monitor to replace his faulty one. Now the question is, can LCD monitor really take over CRT monitor as the mainstream component? It does look great in my room. With bigger screen and brighter color. But when it comes down to gaming, it is unbearable. The image is blur due to ghosting. This is because the response time of LCD is far too slow compared to CRT, and it can't refresh the screen as quick as possible. So the conclusion is: LCD is good for offices, but CRT monitors are here to stay until LCDs can have response time as quick as CRT.
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

No comments: