Wednesday, November 10, 2010

That Perfect Smile (2)

2 years ago, I decided to go for orthodontic treatment. Now, I have finally got the braces removed and achieved that perfect smile. I didn't do it for vanity but rather forced to do it reluctantly as my front tooth chipped due to insufficient space. If you would ask me about the experience, I'd say it wasn't nice, especially during the first few months. It was so uncomfortable that I wanted to remove it the very first day I had the braces on. To add to the woes, it was very painful for at least a week every time I go back for monthly adjustments. After some time, the braces eventually became part of my teeth. I don't feel pain anymore but still very cumbersome to have it on because food gets stuck all over the place after each meal. I smiled so much less for the past 2 years, because if I did, the people I talk to will automatically drawn towards the braces and leftover food on my teeth instead of looking at my eyes. It could be quite embarrassing at times.

Painful experience apart, if you ask me if it's worth it, then I'd say yes it was very worthwhile. The satisfaction only comes after the long process and removal of braces. In my honest advice and opinion to those interested to do it, do it only when you have no choice due to medical/hygiene reasons or you really have a Frankenstein mouth. Else, if you're just doing it for vanity or to perfect the already good teeth, then you'll be in for a huge disappointment and wastage of money.

Before



After



Related link: That Perfect Smile (1)

No comments: