Thursday, May 22, 2008

R.I.P "ah girl"

I am sad to learn that our beloved "ah girl" had passed away on 21st May 2008. It is tragic that she died not from her old age, but was run over.

"ah girl" has been living in my house and accompanied me throughout my stay in Seletar. While some of the mates chased her out from their houses, sometimes I did let her in to sleep on the couch during cold and rainy days. She would be running around trying to get affections and pettings. When I was stressed up and buried in my ATPL books, she would come once in a while to break me free from the stress. Sometimes she would also be mischievous and comes into my room to disturb my sleep in the night. She would just lay her head on the bed.

RIP ah girl. You'll always be remembered.


9 comments:

Vanessa said...

I love those pictures of her... She was just lying on the porch of my house that morning. I saw her again running about with a happy face and that made me smile. It is hard to believe she is gone.

Ah Girl has surely touched the lives of many cadets. Fond memories of her will remain forever.

Anonymous said...

Haha... I remember too, during ATPL days, she would run about, try to catch birds just to cheer you up. And at times, rest her jaw on your bed, just centimetres frrom your face, as though she was comforting you, saying "dun worry, u'll pass your ATPL. I remember once, I was walking to Sunset Bar and Grill late at night, i asked her if she wanted to go... as we crossed the golf course, she took the lead and made frequent checks back to see if I was still following. Miss her... Btw, Hongji, do u have more of her photos? can u send them to me?

kennteh@gmail.com

kenny Teh

hoongji said...

yeah, she always leads us out too whenever we go out.

unfortunately i don't have many pictures of her. check your mailbox; but is your address correct? seems like missing a "y"

Anonymous said...

here's a pic of ah girl that i took not so long back.. *hais*

hoongji said...

oh dear, ah girl looked so skinny in that pic. the dog IC didn't feed her well?

anyway, superb shot. thx for sharing

Unknown said...

RIP ah-girl, she was following me to the bus stand outside the camp gate in the morning because i had to go out. She stopped and turned back shortly before the gate though. I certainly hoped it wasn't because of me that this happened...and the first MSN message that i get once i reached home in the evening was "Hey, i heard that ah girl died. Is that true?" and the thing is that he's in JDK now (now i know how fast a news could travel). I was like, wtf? I just saw her this morning. It turned out to be true. :/

Anonymous said...

We had a simple burial ceremony yesterday. Her cremated ash was kept in an urn and was buried under that starfruit tree in front of the cookhouse. Course 136 and 137 were there to pay the last respect.

hoongji said...

thank you all for the updates. ah girl is blessed to have all the care and respect given by you all.

C108.05 said...

OMG... ah girl don't deserve this!!.. who ran her over?? some idiotic public or one of our boys??!